Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow on Friday the 13th





So, I wake up bright and early this morning to torrential downpours of snow and monsoon-like winds. After making my way to school via Jeep (and falling about 10000 times on the way) I was slightly surprised to discover that I was not, as was prior knowledge, the only person to come close to death by falling on the way to school.
Later, we walked to Mass (I go to a Catholic school) and the girls frantically tried to keep their skirts pushed down and their hats in place while strategically dodging large puddles of water and random patches of ice. After be ranted at and later yelled at for not saying the responses and singing from the hymnal by the priest, we made our way back to the school (about two blocks away) in the same fashion above stated.
Upon arriving back at school, we were lectured by the teachers and continually had study guides for our upcoming midterms shoved down our throats in a repetitive manner.
Then we all trooped home, exhausted and ready to sleep. But do I do that? Why, of course not! Sleep is for the weak.

So, in honor of our first blizzard (or...something like it) here in Pennsylvania, I have dug out some pictures for last year's snowfall in Texas. Oh the irony.

-Alex (A.K.A. Tally)

P.S. Did you know that the past tense of 'dare' is 'durst'?
This useless knowledge has been provided to you by Anthony, my kinda-friend-but-not-really.

No comments:

Post a Comment