Friday, December 2, 2011

Emma by Jane Austen/"All for One, and One for All"

I have just finished a magnificent English novel by Jane Austen. I have read another novel by her, Pride & Prejudice, which is a favorite of mine, but this particular read was titled Emma. For short, the book was amazing! Passionate, Witty, Unpredictable, Lively, and Believable, I was sitting in Highbury with Emma, dancing with Frank Churchill in the Crown, or occassionally overhearing a chat between Mrs. Weston and Mr. Knightley at the Randalls. I only wish that I could let Jane Austen know how appreciated her novels are. Its hard to believe this particular novel was first published in 1816.
                                    

I created a link for you to see my review of the novel on Goodreads. A great site I would highly recommend you check out some time. :)
see my review by clicking here!

Also tonight I saw The Three Musketeers! The setting, scenery, plot, and cast were all incredibly done. I was especially impressed with the performance of Logan Lerman as D'Artagnan. (It took me some time to get over his hair though!) The movie was very different from the version of the story I was used to but I believe it may have been more like the book which is much more sastifying. I must admit though I already have a partiality for the tale considering it is French. I happen to like France very much due to the fact that my grandmother ( I call her Kiki. pronounce: kick-key sorta?) is from France. I've never been but have been dying to since I was a little girl. Eitherway I need to go, sorry if I bored you or anything. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment