Sunday, March 25, 2012

HUNGER GAMES

Last Friday, March 23rd, the long awaited HUNGER GAMES finally came out. I went to the premiere at midnight and was gladly rewarded by an amazing cast, wonderful effects, and all in all a spectacular movie. I couldn't believe how amazing it was, and even though there were a few differences from the book itself, it still honored its origin. I loved the film so much that I have actually seen it twice since it's release and wouldn't mind seeing it a third time soon. If you haven't seen it, run to the nearest theater, get yourself a ticket and some popcorn, and enjoy.


I was especially pleased by the quality of the acting of Jennifer Lawrence who was the actress for Katniss Everdeen, Josh Hutcherson who was Peeta Mellark, and Liam Hemsworth who was Gale Hawthorne. 

Also while at the theater I discovered a movie that seems to hold a lot of comic potential called Dark Shadows. It's about a man (Johnny Depp) who's is turned into a vampire by a jealous witch (Eva Green) and is awoken in 1972. The movie comes out on May 11.


Also I have recently been enjoying The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. In the books Clary discovers that she lives in a world that is nothing like it seems. When she meets a strange group of teenagers and her mother goes missing she has to fight her way in a strange reality to get her back. It's a very intense and thrilling series. The first book is City of Bones.


On May 8th the fifth book, City of Lost Souls, is to be released. I absolutely cannot wait for it to come out. I just hope that they can save him. You need to read this series, no joke. 



No comments:

Post a Comment